Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rest in Peace

the waiting is over &
our dear friend has passed on.

OOx c.


  1. I leave in a few hours to fly away for my mom's funeral...and your post popped up in my reader. I'm so sorry for your loss of your friend, and I SO appreciate the sentiment in the painting you posted. Life is so precious, so fleeting--we must cherish the moments we have NOW with our loved ones.

    1. i am sorry for your heart maggie... travel safe. OOx

  2. Oh Cori, *HUGS*. I hope that the sweet memories you shared will comfort you in the days to come.

  3. Cori, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

  4. this is such a beautiful piece, and i'm so very sorry for your loss.

  5. Hi Cori--I'm sitting here savoring your beautiful work in the latest issue of Somerset Studio. I was looking at one painting and thinking about my dear friend who passed in September. She was a bright light in my life, and I shall always miss her. Then I decided to find your blog, and here I am, touched by your beautiful piece for a departed friend. I share your sorrow. Life is fragile and fleeting, yet also achingly beautiful. May your work bring
    you solace. I think you are a very special artist!

  6. Cori, I don't know how I missed this post. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. The only comfort I can't think about in the midst of grief is that it can be very beautiful too. Your piece of art is so fitting - you always have the feeling words on your side Cori.

  7. This is a great posting I have read. It’s exactly what I was looking for!